Catharsis on the Mall 2016 will be held on the National Mall, in the shadow of the Washington Monument. We will be just south of 17th St NW and Constitution Ave, by the German American Friendship Garden. Our event this year runs from Friday, November 11 11:11am – Sunday, November 13 11:13 am.
Friday and Saturday during the day (noon – 7pm) we will feature art installations, speakers and live music from our dragon, Abraxas, and a wide array of workshops and smaller gatherings in two large domes, an immersive sound igloo, and our Canopy space. Friday night and Saturday night we will have Cathartic dancing featuring local, regional and nationally renowned DJs – Friday until 3am and Saturday until sunrise. In addition, we have the following featured events:
- Friday 7:00 – 10:00pm: Stories of Catharsis – personal storytelling and intimate sharing facilitated by Psymposia
- Saturday 9:00am – 12:00pm: Morning Dance Party and Yoga on the Mall in collaboration with Daybreaker
- Saturday 1:00 – 5:00pm: Mesopotamian Vibes with Meso Creso
- Saturday 8:00 – 10:00pm: Temple of Rebirth Ceremony and Ritual Burning
- Sunday 6:00 – 9:00am: Abraxas and Anti-War Machine March to the Capitol for PTSD Research and then “Our Journey Home”