Catharsis 2018 Leadership Update
After three years of seeding and nurturing Catharsis on the Mall, we (the 2017 board) believe that in order to continue growing in a regenerative manner and to leverage community support, input and ideas, we must evolve into an organism accountable to a defined mission. Presented below is the next step in our collective evolution, which we view as an ongoing experiment always subject to reflection and further transformation.
Going forward, accountability and authority for Catharsis on the Mall will belong to an eleven person elected “Catharsis Trunk,” essentially the board we hope to create immediately following elections running March 22-26. The Catharsis Roots (2015-2017 board members) will exist only in a new advisory role.
Our Mission – Catharsis on the Mall exists to create accessible spaces for healing. We do this by expanding the bounds of expression, connection and inclusion in public and civic places, through direct engagement in participatory art, political action, holistic modalities, and sacred practice that restores ourselves and our communities, fostering social change.
- Read the Trunk vision and leadership responsibilities
- Nominate yourself to join the Trunk for 2018. Nominations are due at 12:15pm EST on March 20 (Spring Equinox).
- Join us for a Catharsis Town Hall to ask questions and hear from prospective Trunk members – March 22 7:30-10:30 at Uptown Art House; also FB livestream
- Vote for the 2018 Trunk (link will go live from March 22 10pm – March 26 11:45pm)
- Make a tax deductible donation to support our ongoing work with Catharsis on the Mall.