Today, we’re launching a special contest to source the art that will represent this year’s theme for Catharsis on the Mall: A Vision of Haven. The winner’s art will be displayed on our website, in our emails, advertisements, signs, and all other official event materials advertising Catharsis 2020. After all submissions are in, the winner will be chosen!
This year’s theme, A Vision of Haven, is an invocation to think about what this concept means for us as individuals and as a community. A haven is safety and comfort. It is a sanctuary. It welcomes and nurtures our needs, from the most basic to the most complex. The ability to create or find a haven is a human right.
- Art must be original, created by you, and not used for any other purpose at any time. Any co-creators must be named in the submission.
- Submissions must include two variations. One should be a 1:1 aspect ratio, and the other should be 16:9. (These are standard sizes for social media and will ensure quality online promotion.)
- Art should be relevant to the theme and inspired by “A Vision of Haven“.
- Art must be high resolution.
- Files must have transparent backgrounds. If the background is filled, that works too. PNG files only.
- You will be credited as the creator of your work during and after the contest but relinquish control over how the art is used.
Deadline: All submissions must be in by Friday, January 10, 2020 at 11:59pm ET.
We’re also fundraising through the end of the year for our 2020 art grant recipients! Thanks to a generous anonymous donor, every donation will be matched dollar-for-dollar through December 31st. Check out our GoFundMe page and consider making a donation today. All our gratitude to those have donated so far. We look forward to seeing your submissions!
The Catharsis Team